Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Musings

It was a good day to take pictures today.  That means it was pretty much gray outside.  For a while I thought it was going to rain, but it never did.  Got pretty dark at one point, though!

I had BRT this morning at 9:00.  We normally meet at 10:30 so this was early for us.  We only had 8 of us today.  Mary's in Colorado, so we missed her.  We did finally get to Chapter 16 of John.  I don't think we'll get done with John before we leave for Florida.  I think there are 21 chapters and we don't get far in an hour!  That's okay though; we're learning a great deal.

I just realized that it's really hard for me to see the computer screen.  I'm about 6 inches too far back for my trifocals to work!  I guess I'll have to scoot the monitor closer to me!

I started out saying that it was a good day to take pictures and I took some neat ones.  I bought two new hardy hibiscus plants this spring and this multi-toned pink is what I got.  Isn't it beautiful?  I have one on each side of the front door.  The deer don't seem to like them, so hopefully they are safe!

I also have these next two out in our back yard.  They are as big as dinner plates - very showy!
I especially like this red one.  It is just loaded with flowers and they all open up wide like this one.  The white one doesn't open up as far as the red one does.  
We summer ding-a-lings practiced our bells this afternoon.  We didn't do quite as well today as we did last Monday.  We had a lot of trouble with the syncopated rhythm of the piece we're working on.  Becky's probably wondering why she started this group!!  I felt like I personally did better today, so maybe I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Twenty three years ago, Dave and I got married.  It's really hard to believe that it's been 23 years.  Sometimes it seems like it's been just a very short time and at other times it feels like we've been married all of our lives.  I think we both feel that we got it right this time around.  Happy Anniversary, Dabe!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...