Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday

It was a cool day today - not nearly as nice as most of our days are!  When we went to church it was pretty nice.  After church we picked up Sudi & Howard and went to Sanding Ovations 2013 in Treasure Island.  The sand sculptures were again wonderful, although I thought they were a little "out there" this year.  Sometimes you really had to wonder what the sculptor meant with his creation and with what he named it.  For instance, this one was called Ascension...

What is ascending?  I loved the sculpture, but I didn't understand the title.

This one was the winner - it was fascinating, but I wonder what made him think of this concept.



Yes, this man is buried in the sand!

This next one is called What Now?  These little "people" walk up the spiral and get to the top edge...what now?  

This won the sculptors' award - it was wonderful.  Enlarge this last photo and look at the itty bitty people clear down in the spiral.  Clever!

It was a good day for viewing the sculptures - it wasn't so hot that you melted!

I am not feeling well today.  I got up at 3:00 this morning with a very bad intestinal problem (if you know what I mean!)  I finally was able to go back to bed at 6:00, but I've had my problem all day!  I'm a little tired of it, but at least I'm functioning.  I didn't eat much at lunch and I've only had a few crackers tonight.  I hope I feel better tomorrow.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...