Saturday, January 25, 2014

Beautiful Saturday!

It was absolutely beautiful today.  We had a ladderball tournament today - with 47 participants!!  We started playing at 10:30 and the tournament got over about 4:30 or so!  Of the top four players today, 3 of them were women - so women rule again!  I wasn't in the top 3...I won my first game because I got a bye...but I played Nancy B in the next round and she couldn't miss!  She beat me 21-6!  I felt lucky to get 6 points!!
It was a fun day.  Everyone sat around and watched the entire tournament and then afterwards a bunch of us got together up at the clubhouse for hors doeuvres and drinks!  I'm sleepy now, though!

This afternoon, we went to a memorial service for a guy who had lived here.  We didn't know him, but we know his partner, Sandy.  So we went for her sake.  It was nice - short but uplifting.  RIP Dennis.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...