Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Whirlwind Week!

We have had a whirlwind week and this is only Tuesday!  Found out yesterday that we actually had tornadoes in O-town on Sunday.  Two people nearby were killed - a lady from the Hedrick area and a man from Kinross.  I didn't even think it was bad here, except for the strong winds.  But there are trees down all around town, roofs off of houses, etc.  Craig & Sue's place is where the tornadoes started according to the National Weather Service.  They lost a pole with a transformer (which all landed on Craig's truck) plus a hog shed and some other small things.  They felt fortunate.  Bob & Ann were coming back from Washington and had to pull off the road to wait out the storm.  Today it didn't get above 51 and it's only 46 now with rain and drizzle all day.

I went to Des Moines last night with Juliene and Bev for a SU event - the 2015 catalog premiere.  It was a fun evening - 2.5 hours of information, followed by a late dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  We didn't get home until midnight.  I checked my email and found out that a realtor wanted to show our house today at 5:00 and knowing that we still had hours of prep I stressed and couldn't sleep!  When Dave got up this morning, I got up too and we went to work.  By 3:00 the house looked great!  The showing went well, but they probably weren't interested.  So, we have another showing tomorrow at 5:00.  At least we're ready.  Dave and I worked all day, plus Dave's handyman friend worked with us!  He's coming back Friday to paint some doors for us.  My piriformus syndrome is acting up and at times I have trouble walking.  It requires rest - hmmmm...when do I get that?

More things happened today.  We sold our mobile home in Florida and bought a bigger one all in one day.  The double wide 2 bedroom, 2 bath next to Bob & Ann came up for sale this week and Bob had first right of refusal on the property.  So we heard from friends of Sue & Penny that they wanted our place and we bought that other one.  The price was right for now.  We'll get our place on the water when we're ready to go to Florida full time!  "The best laid plans of mice and men...."

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...