Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday

I'm glad we're going to church tomorrow because I'm confused about what day it is.  Dave worked this morning, at least until it started raining.  I went to a funeral in Douds.  I went the long way there and I was almost late.  About half way through the funeral, the rain hit...and boy, did it hit!  When the funeral was over, the family and those who were going to the cemetery stayed for a while, but several of us left.  I got pretty wet just getting to the car.  I was glad I had gone though.  The family was happy to see me.  I grew up with their boys, even though they lived in Selma and we lived in Libertyville.  Ron is older than me by a year and Duane is 1-2 years younger than me.  Then they had another son that is several years younger.  We always had a Christmas with the Sprouses...one of 5 Christmases we had when I was a kid.  We had Santa Claus Christmas, the Allison Christmas, the Peebler Christmas, the Burke Christmas and the Sprouse Christmas.  Mostly it was just getting together with "family" even though they weren't technically family!

This afternoon, we took naps and this evening we went to Tasty Burrito for supper.  They are really, really good burritos!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...