Friday, August 15, 2014

Adventure Today

I went to PEO this morning - what a fun meeting!  Our program was first and it was about chair yoga!  It was fun, fun, fun.  We did stretches while sitting and then we did some traditional yoga positions, Warrior, Warrior 2, and Warrior 3 while standing.  I would really like to get into a yoga class, but I'm not here long enough now to get started.  I think I'll look into a DVD or something like that.  I'd like to be a little more balanced and flexible.

After PEO, I came home and Dave and I went on an adventure.  We were heading to Cantril for the Dutchman's Store, but decided to go some back roads.  We filled the car with gas at Denny's at the Eldon Y and then went through Floris to Drakesville.  We saw a whole flock of wild turkeys in a field between Eldon & Floris!  There were bunches of them!!  I wish I had taken my camera.  We also saw babies at the Yutzy Horse Farm.  Of course, it was a drizzly day, so the baby colts were wet and feeling their oats!  At Drakesville, we headed over to the Dutch Country General Store just because we'd not been there before.  It's almost like the Dutchman's but not as nice and not nearly as many choices.  They had sweet corn for $1.00 a dozen and big Georgia peaches, and a free ice cream cone too!  So we got out "stuff" there instead of going all the way to Cantril today.  It was okay, but didn't have the ambiance that the Dutchman's has so next time we'll go to Cantril.

Dave left this evening for Pella to deliver the snowblower to a guy from Des Moines.  They decided to meet halfway.  Tomorrow some people are coming to pick up the couch we have that was Aunt Helen's and a couple of chairs.  Little by little, we're getting rid of superfluous stuff!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...