Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday

Since it's getting closer to the time when we're heading to Florida for a short vacation, the weather here is beginning to feel like Florida...just to acclimate us I think!  It was supposed to be 93 today.  I don't think it got that warm, but it was pretty warm!  Tonight as I sit here, I'm hearing something that sounds a lot like locusts outside...must just be some other kind of bug.  I don't think the fall locusts are here yet.  They don't usually show up until sometime in mid-September.

Today, 5 friends came over to play 7s from Hell.  We had a good time and were able to teach another person how to play.  We've got several people here in O-town who know how to play, so maybe they can get together and play over the winter.  I sure plan on playing over the winter...heehee!

I was so excited.  I got one of my cards for Sept. 10th done today and I even packed up all of the supplies - way ahead of the game, right?  Wrong!  While I was typing the supply list, I had to look up the name of one of the stamps and found it was discontinued.  I'm so bummed because I really, really, really like the card that I did.  So now I'm trying to figure out another card that can use all of the same supplies, except substituting a current stamp for the one that is discontinued.  Wouldn't you know I can't find anything.  The main stamp of the card I did was a maple leaf and I don't have any other leaves that look good in its place.  Grrr...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...