Friday, September 5, 2014

Strange day!

First of all, this day was strange because I didn't sleep last night.  I finally went to bed for the last time at 4:36 AM!  It took me a while to fall asleep even then and Dave awakened me at 7:00!!  That was not enough sleep for this old broad!  Since the cleaning lady came at 8:00, I wasn't able to go back to sleep!  I took about a 15 min nap this afternoon in my chair and then after it started storming and I decided to postpone my pedicure, I got a couple more hours of sleep.  I actually feel pretty good right now.

It was also a strange day weather wise.  It started out nice, then we had this huge bolt of lightning and clap of thunder, followed by sideways rain and more thunder.  Then it would stop for a while and then pour again for a while.  We got over 1/2 an inch of rain.  I think we had more than that but it came sideways so it was hard to measure!  I know that we have a huge puddle in our yard.

I just looked out the window and I've got two little hummers sitting peacefully on the feeder just eating away!  I'm waiting for the bully to come buzz them because that's what was happening all day - even in the rain!!  Man, they are really hungry!  They're still there.  There came the little bully!

I've had a request for some before pix of our new home in Florida.  So here goes.
 Our lanai.
This is the front of the house and the tan house to the left is Bob & Ann's.

Now to the inside...remember, the interior walls are all virgin 1982 blonde paneling - never been painted!!

This is the master bedroom - looks small here, but I only took a corner shot to mainly show the paneling.  There's room on this left wall for a king sized bed and 2 end tables.  The dresser or actually one from home about the same size will be on the wall closest to my left (that you can't see).
The second bedroom has room for a queen sized bed, two end tables and a desk for my craft stuff, but again I just took a corner shot.  That's a small walk-in closet straight ahead.

Forgive the mess.  This is our living room with everything from the bedrooms in it!  The wall that the head of the bed is on has a door that leads to Bob & Ann's.  I'm standing next to the dining room area...which looks better now than when I took the pictures!!
 Just behind that small wall jut out, and to the right, is the main bathroom.  and what you're seeing is the little square hallway that leads into either the master bedroom, or the 2nd bedroom, of the ballroom, or a hall utility closet.  The living room is to the left and toward where I'm standing.  The carpet here will all go and be replaced with laminate.
 Isn't this beautiful paneling?  That is on 2 walls in the living room.  Directly behind this partial wall is the kitchen and to the right of the wall is the rest of the living room and the dining room.
 We have two windows like this in front...both with 3 windows of 30" each...and a window seat of sorts.  You're seeing a recliner in the front right.  The lamps are going to be sprayed white and will go back in the living room...unless I take two lamps from here to replace them.
Last but not least is the kitchen, complete with 1982 vinyl on the floor.  It's anchored by the walls  so we know it is original!

That's a brief tour of the before.  I can hardly wait for the after!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...