Friday, February 13, 2015

Adventure Day

Dave and I went on an adventure today!  We went looking for Roseate Spoonbills!   Even though it was chilly out, we stayed warm.  I actually only wore shorts and a sweatshirt and I was fine.  We went to Lake Maggiore and Boyd Hill Nature Preserve on the south side of St Petersburg.  It was a great day for walking the trails.  We probably walked 3 miles, maybe a little more.  We saw lots of birds and beautiful water scenes - but no Roseate Spoonbills!

When we left there, we went toward Fort Desoto, still looking for Roseate Spoonbills.  On the way there,, we saw one in a small waterway along a golf course...so we did a flip and got some pictures!  Yay!  I can add a few more birds to my personal bird book, now!


 After taking pictures of this beauty, we headed to Pass-a-Grille for lunch.  We ate at the Brass Monkey and enjoyed watching the Gulf through the window - it was much too windy and cold to eat outside!  The water was sure pretty today - very blue!

Fun adventure and one we'll do again!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...