Sunday, June 14, 2015

Beautiful Sunday!

My hair didn't have any trouble curling today - it was plenty humid!  We went to church this morning - we had a wonderful service and a great sermon about Saul/Paul and conversion.  I'm really going to miss our church family and especially David's sermons!  This morning, while we were singing praise music, there were such beautiful voices in the congregation.  Those ladies were improvising - singing descants and harmony - I told Dave I bet we didn't find those kind of voices in our new church in the 'loo.  I sure hope we do, but if we don't we're going to have to come back just so I can hear those voices again.  In our choir at FPC, we have a trained opera singer, 3 music majors from ISU - one of whom has been a music teacher for her career, and a handful of us who just sing to make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

Lunch with the "Bunch" was at Appanoose Rapids for their buffet.  Delicious as usual!  Then Dave and I came home and took naps.  After that, Dave went to church to borrow some tables so I can set up for my "craft sale" this weekend.  I dread doing it, but I just can't take all of this with me.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...