Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday

Yesterday, I said goodbye to my sorority sisters and today I said goodbye to my PEO sisters.  Yesterday there were 13 of us and today there were 22 of us!  That's a bunch of ladies whose company I enjoy!  We had a good PEO meeting and an interesting power point presentation of the PEO Convention which was held the first weekend in June.  Yes, I said power point presentation.  When I was a delegate, I had to just write up my own presentation and this year, Annette Syzinski (sp?) made up a power point presentation for all of us in the SE Iowa chapters who helped host.  Fun!

When I got home from that, I had a lady who wanted to buy a couple of things - my ad was in the paper today (FOR TOMORROW!) but that didn't stop a couple of ladies from coming today!  Then one of my PEO friends came over and bought my serger and some fat quarters!  I hope I sell a bunch tomorrow because there's still a lot left out there.

When Dave finished cleaning/servicing the lawnmower, we went to Albia.  At the Snack Shack in Albia, they have THE best hot fudge sundaes!  We try to go over there twice in the summer - once when we first get back and once before we go south for the winter.  We hadn't been there yet this summer, so today was our day.  Then we went to my friend's bake shoppe up on the square.  She's got a cute little shop, but she said business was kind of slow this week.  We bought a couple of cookies and a biscotti just to be sociable!

Dave took his nap and I watched part of the Cubs game - yucky tonight!  They should have saved some of their runs from the other night when they had 17!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...