Saturday, June 20, 2015

Good day!

We started early today!  Garage sale started at 10 minutes before 8:00 and we had people lined up and waiting!  I'd say we had a very good sale.  I sold a bunch of stuff - too bad I didn't have more sergers and more embroidery floss.  I could have sold 3-4 sergers and tons of floss!  Those two things were some of the first to go!  I didn't sell all of my fat quarters, etc., but I did make a huge dent in them.  It was a fun morning!

This afternoon, we both took naps - I think I could have slept until tomorrow morning, but my phone rang and woke me!  Then this evening we had an horrible storm!  Our tornado sirens even went off.  I don't think I've ever seen the wind blow as hard as it did this afternoon.  I just knew that a branch would come through the windows on the west side of our house!  Somehow, we only lost one little branch.  Even the hummingbird feeder stayed on its stake.  We lost power for about an hour I suppose.  Of course, everything here is packed - including battery operated radios and matches, so we couldn't light candles in the basement and our extra batteries were also packed so we sat in the dark.  We finally came up and saw that the wind was no longer an issue.  Dave even went out and bought more batteries just in case the lights didn't come back on for a while!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...