Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thursday

Today was pretty much a perfect day!  The temperature was perfect...I got to sleep in and be a slug until Dave got home from lawn care.  As soon as he got home, he said if I wanted to, he'd go for a walk with me.  I jumped at that opportunity...it's so much more fun to walk together than me doing my walking alone. Kathy & Denny, who've been renting, bought a home in the park.  Since they were at the new place, we stopped for a tour. 

After the walk, Dave got busy painting and cleaning up stuff.  We're not putting doors on yet because we want the paint to harden properly!  Darn - I can hardly wait to see it put back together.  Once he got done with all of that, he took a nap and then he said he wanted to go to Largo Nature Park.  We had a great day there - 2 alligators, 2 ibis, a limpkin, a tricolored heron, a little blue heron, and numerous turtles. 

To make the day even more special, Dave took me to Yellow Banks for an orange twist ice cream cone and on the way back home, we stopped at this little trailer where they've got a BIG smoker.  We go by it every Sunday and always say we'd like to stop...so we did today.  When I asked if he had brisket, he told me he chopped his beef and then gave us a sample.  Yum, yum!  We bought a pound to bring home.  I also fixed sweet corn cut from the cob and asparagus - great dinner!!

Pretty much perfect day!!  Thank you, God!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...