Friday, January 16, 2009

Heat Wave!!

We're having a heat wave - it's up to 5 degrees!! It's even spitting snow. I figured it was too cold to snow, but again I was wrong.

I had a good time yesterday doing the writing assessment for the Ottumwa Schools. We assessed 10th grade papers where their assignment was to write to a legislator regarding a potential bill requiring students under the age of 18 to have a 2.5 gpa in order to get a driver's license. As you can imagine, this topic (or prompt as they now call it) is one that teenagers have strong opinions about, one way or the other. Quite interesting reading and very interesting development of the students who were doing the writing. Because it was so cold outside, school was cancelled so we had 34 assessors AND we got to start at 9:00 instead of 8:00 AM - this is very important for us retired folks!

I got my new Stampin' Up catalog today so this afternoon I plan to look through it to see what I can't live without in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...