Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What a fun card!


Another cold, cold day - I'm so glad to be retired and not have to go to work! When I worked I had about 50 feet to the door of my building - but that 50 feet is the coldest in this town - the wind whips around there so badly, you have to run into the building just for self-preservation!


I've been playing in my studio today. This is the card I came up with for my friend's hubby's birthday. Since we're into vintage cars, this is perfect for us to send to him. The papers were just scraps I had lying around. I used Nestabilities to cut out the ovals and SU punches for the sentiment. The pickup was colored with colored pencils and gone over with a SU blending pen. The ribbon is beautiful - I bought it at Precious Memories Scrapbooking in Ottumwa. I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the card itself. I've also been making note cards of the purple clematis for a P.E.O. sister of mine. Now I'm baking a cake to take to church tonight for our weekly Wednesday night dinner before choir practice. I hope DH gets home to blow the snowdrifts out of the driveway before we have to go to church. My car might not make it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...