Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Good Day!

Aren't these beautiful? They were growing on the sidewalk in the Los Olas area of Fort Lauderdale. I love hibiscus, and I especially love pink ones. I can't take credit for this photo, though. Our friend, Howard, took it. I didn't have my camera with me the day we walked by these! Thanks, Howard. Speaking of Howard, tomorrow is his birthday and Sudi is having a party tonight for him. I won't say how old he is, but let's just say it's a 0-birthday and it's somewhere between 50 and 70! Couldn't resist, Howard! I'm sure you'll get even somehow!!
Today, DH and I went out looking for a fountain for my perennial garden. We love hearing the water when we're near the ocean, or even at a lake, so I decided we needed a fountain to replicate that sound. I sure hope it makes sound - it's a cool fountain. It's called "playing by the water" and has a little child kneeling by the water looking at fish. I know I have to wait for it to get warmer to get it going, but I'm ready now! Today is a pretty good spring day - it's 62 degrees and mostly sunny. We even went out to our friends and got our '56 Chevy out of their shop. I got to drive it back - there's nothing quite like getting into a classic car on a warm day, especially when it's been a long winter!
I've got to run for now. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...