Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tote Bags

I have been busy sewing lately - I've made 6 tote bags like this one. They are different colors though. I have so many "irons in the fire" that I'm going to keep PEO stuff in one, Beta Sigma Phi stuff in one, stamping club stuff in one, etc. This one is probably the prettiest because it is new colors. The others are made from pre-quilted fabric that I've had for years. I tend to procrastinate a bit!
Today was a fun day, although Dave worked all day. I went with 6 other ladies over to Eddyville where a PEO Chapter there had a "Christmas in the Spring" tasting bee. They had about 35-40 different dishes set out and you could go along and get small helpings of each dish! Then, you also got the recipes for each of the dishes presented. Prior to the tasting, Michael Philipsen and the Indian Hills camerata singers performed - beautiful voices - and it's always a pleasure to listen to Michael play the piano! I'm sure we'll go again next year, even though none of us won any door prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...