Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today's a Bird Day!

I have to tell you, I am so excited about this guy (and his mate too!) I have always been fascinated with Orioles and I've tried for years to get orioles to come to our house to eat. Until this year, I've never been successful. Isn't he pretty? I wish I could get a picture of his mate, but she's much more elusive than he is. She doesn't feed very long - I'm assuming she's on a nest somewhere, but I haven't yet figured out where. It seems this guy LOVES grape jelly! We put some out when I first spotted him and he comes back several times a day for more jelly. He's even told a friend or two also, because I've got pictures of a totally different male oriole eating the jelly too! What fun!

This is what's in the nest at my back door (on my wreath!) Mama robin stays put most of the day and today I've noticed papa robin bringing food to her. There aren't any babies yet - probably by early next week we'll hear little chirps! We've noticed that she's starting to scold us if we're out in "her" yard!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...