Friday, July 10, 2009

Another Adventure!

Today Dave and I had another one of our adventures! We decided to go to Peoria to look at this black cherry Cadillac DTS that had everything we wanted on it and was a pretty good price...the only drawback I saw to it was that it had 18,000 miles on it and I tend to prefer new vehicles over used ones. So we got up early, read the paper and got on the road about 8:15. It rained on us the whole way, which is nothing new this summer! Actually about 80% of the time when we are in Peoria it rains on us and today was no exception. Anyway we got to the dealership and saw the car - it was described as being maroon...I would have called it mahogany...but it was pretty. I took it for a test drive and really liked the way it handled. While we were there we also took a Buick Enclave for a test drive and the Cadillac far surpassed the Enclave for comfort and quiet...darn (cause I thought I wanted an Enclave!) So we went inside to "deal". We got their bottom dollar and added on a figure for an extended warranty. We agreed and I wrote a check - called the bank and they agreed to ok the check, called our insurance agent to make sure we were covered, and shook hands. We're the proud owners of a 2009 Cadillac, right?
Here's where the adventure part happens. The finance man we were talking with gave us the wrong figure for the extended warranty (to the tune of $1,240) so after a lot of talking back and forth, I suggested that we would split the difference and pay $620 and they could absorb $620. After all we already had a deal and I'd written the check! Well, we waited while he went to talk to someone and then someone else, and he finally came back and said they just couldn't do it - they were already losing $$ on the car, etc., etc., etc. So we tore up the check and walked away without a Cadillac. Basically we spent 12 hours away from home, had 2 good meals and a lovely car ride back home in our 2001 Buick!! Another adventure for us!

I also wanted to share with you one of the pictures I did yesterday which I would consider abstract art. This is a picture of a vining geranium with beautiful salmon pink flowers. I doctored it with Photoshop's liquify filter and came up with this. I love it. I think it would look beautiful hanging on a wall - what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...