Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday Ponderings

Sad news - my friend Chris' mom passed away last night. She was a lovely woman who fought a valiant fight against her cancer. She's in a much better place but this will be really hard for Chris and her family. She's been so lucky to have had both of her parents for this long. Chris, you and your loved ones are in our thoughts and prayers.

I did hear from my surgeon yesterday afternoon. He's going to talk to his scheduler and get me a time scheduled. I should hear something this week, so stay tuned....
By the way, if you're looking for something to do this weekend, our car show, Memories 2009, is Saturday at Bridge View. The temperatures are supposed to be in the mid 70's so it should be a gorgeous day for a car show. I hope we have lots of cars. We'll also have a cruise-in on Friday night from 5:00-8:00 at the park - everything is free, so come on out and enjoy the cars with us.
I made a new card today. I saw a beautiful card on the flourishes blog so I tried to CASE it. Theirs was done in a bright blue - mine is pink. Theirs had a water lily blossom - mine has a rose. Other than that they're a lot alike. I think I'll make mine a birthday card, but I can see it as a get well card or a sympathy card - whatever I want. The rose is part of a stamp set called 5th Avenue Floral from Stampin' Up. All the paper is from SU and I used my Cuttlebug Swirls folder to emboss the white.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...