Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trees - beautiful trees!

Yesterday while I was out and about, I drove around Ottumwa and took some pictures of the beautiful trees. I'm not sure I've ever seen them so vibrant as they are this year. I hope you enjoy them. This one almost looks transparent - it's in the cemetery near our home. This is our tree! It's a maple in our front yard. It usually loses its leaves long before others in the neighborhood do, but this year it is beautiful! If you were to pick up one of the leaves, you would find that it is red, orange, yellow, and green - just gorgeous!
Today these trees don't look so beautiful. It has rained all day AND the wind has blown 20-30 mph, so the trees don't have quite as many leaves on them as they did yesterday.


My great-niece, Kaylee, is 19 today. She's such a beautiful young woman and I'm so proud of her. I have really been blessed in my life. I have 3 beautiful nieces and they all have wonderful, smart, talented kids! It's probably a good thing that I didn't have any biological children as I would have had trouble having kids as good as Bob's! Mine would probably have been ornery as dirt! Anyway, I feel very fortunate, as I'm sure my brother does also. This is the card I made for Kaylee. I scanned the card, and the colors aren't quite right. The green is a chartreuse and
the brownish color you're seeing isn't there at all...it's because the scanner door wouldn't close all the way because of the brad in the center of the flower! Isn't technology grand? The stamps are all Stampin' Up. These are the colors in her room! Her walls are chartreuse and her accents are black and white! I sure hope she likes it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...