Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another Day...

First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with the soldiers and families who have been affected by the horrific shooting at Fort Hood, Texas. When you are a member of the military (or when your spouse is) and you live on a military base, it feels like such a safe place. It's hard to believe that something like this could happen, PLUS I know how everyone on the base is feeling tonight...completely devastated and violated. It's bad enough that our soldiers have to fight in foreign lands, let alone have to worry about being safe on their own military base!

On another thought, I had physical therapy at 8:00 this morning...it sure felt good until she gave me a 2# weight instead of a 1# weight! No, actually it felt good anyway. I had gone to choir practice last night, and when I'm there I hold my music book for about 1 1/2 hours straight, which puts a lot of tension on my shoulder. Therefore, Thursdays are always sore days. Then a little while later, I had a follow-up appointment with my oral surgeon, just to see how I'm getting along. He said I was doing great! So, basically he released me - all I have to do is rinse twice a day with warm salt water....oh, and finish my round of antibiotic!

After all of this, I went to Fairfield where I had lunch with Sudi and then went to visit Aunt Helen. She was doing pretty well today - she was talkative, but pretty weak. The hospice workers came in while I was there. They told me they were surprised that she was still with us, although they admit that her heart rate hasn't changed and her vitals are great. Since she hasn't eaten enough to keep a flea alive, they feel she should be gone by now. She just isn't ready yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...