Saturday, November 7, 2009

Finally!

There was no blog yesterday because I couldn't get on! So you get two days of news for the price of one! This is a card I made the other day - the color isn't quite right though - it's more orange than it looks here. I think it's a pretty cool card. It's done with stamps and paper from Stampin' Up. I used a brayer over embossed stamped images to make the flowers. The sentiment is just done on my computer.

Yesterday was action packed - I had physical therapy at 8:30, PEO at 9:30 and a luncheon at 11:30! I didn't go to Fairfield because I thought Bob would be going...well, he didn't, and today he couldn't go, so I went this afternoon. Aunt Helen was pretty good today. She was very talkative and helped us move her over in her bed. The ladies at the "home" said she was kind of grumpy, but she didn't seem grumpy to me. She smiled when I said hello to her. I told her who I was and she said, "I know." We talked about when she taught school way back when. She taught 2 of my aunts and one of my uncles on my dad's side of the family. Bob's going to go over tomorrow. Her caretaker today looked so familiar - she said her name was Gloria (Lamb). She looks just like her mother did!

Today was my card-making group at Juliene's. We made Christmas cards, a cute Christmas wreath, and a gift card holder. What fun! After that I started out to Sue's to see all her grandchildren. On the way out there I called Dave to see what he was doing. He said he was going out to Sue's too, so I came back into town and picked him up and we went together. Sue and Craig's grandkids are so cute! There are 2 boys and 5 girls all 6 and under. The two oldest kids are girls who play together...they're less than a year apart. The next two are a boy and a girl (again less than a year apart), then a 3 year old boy and a 3 year old girl...and a darling baby girl who is about 10 months old. They are all so fun and loveable. Dave and I get hugs from all of them! We are always glad to get our grandchildren fix at the Sylvesters!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Since Dave was with me anyway, he went with me to Fairfield. We ate a late lunch at Kokopelli's - and we ate outside - in Iowa - on November 7th!!! That was really something - we had an absolutely beautiful day today and it sounds like another beautiful one tomorrow. When we finally got home, I turned on the tv to watch the ISU football game. That was a disaster. I had said all week that I thought we'd get clobbered - and we did. I also said that Iowa would win by 30 - I guess I was only .500 on my picks this week. Since the ISU game was so boring, I turned to ESPN and watched the Breeders' Cup Championship. What a beautiful horse that Zenyatta is. I hope she gets "Horse of the Year" honors...she didn't want to get into the chute, then when the gates opened, she didn't really want to come out. She did, but she came out with the wrong lead so she was last for almost 3/4 of the race. Then she started making her move and ended up winning! She is a hoot to watch before a race - she kind of struts with her front feet - I would think she'd be a very uncomfortable ride in the pre-race parade! The jockey even made the comment that she heard the crowd roar as she started toward the lead and kind of wanted to stop and pose for them!! Cool race and cool horse!! Quite a personality. This is the first time in the Breeders' Cup history that a filly has won!

Well, I'd better quit for tonight. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...