Friday, November 20, 2009

Busy Again

This was another busy, busy day. I had physical therapy at 7:45 and then card-making club at 9:30. I was the demonstrator today and showed them how to make a card that looked like it had ice cream cones on it. It's kind of a complicated card, in that it has lots of steps to it, but it's easy to do once you know how. To make this card, you use punches, a ScorPal, and the Cuttlebug.
I also showed them how to fold a dollar bill into the shape of a man's shirt. This pattern can also be used with designer paper to make a card for a man. Origami folds are a great way to fold money if you've decided to give someone a gift of cash. There are lots of websites for these folds. So check them out!
After I finished with card club, I came home and grabbed a bite to eat and then went to see Aunt Helen. The first thing she said to me was that she was hungry. I asked her if she wanted some ice cream, which has been just about the only thing she will eat. She said that ice cream would be ok, but she thought she needed some meat! I knew that chewing meat would about wear her out, so I asked the girls to make her a scrambled egg. She ate about half of it, as well as 5 bites of ice cream. Then Heather brought in a banana thinking we could mash it up and she might eat it...instead she ate about 3 bites of it just out of my hand! She even told me that I was shaking so badly she about missed it! Then in just a couple of minutes she must have thought she had hurt my feelings, so she said, "I was just teasing you about your shaking." I laughed and told her I know. Shortly after eating she was ready to take a nap and for me to leave. So tomorrow, hopefully, the aides there are going to give her a pancake and maybe even some bacon if she'll take it. Oh, I forgot something else: When I gave her the first bite of egg, she said, "That went all the way to the bottom of my stomach." She really was hungry and she ought to be since she hasn't had much to eat for the last 7-8 weeks. You know, she may make it to her 103rd birthday on January 2nd after all!
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...