Sunday, November 22, 2009

Johnny Depp

I can't believe I didn't blog yesterday. I guess it's all Johnny Depp's fault! Dave and I sat down to watch the marathon showing of the third of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I hadn't seen it yet. Little did I know that it would go until 10:00! After it was over, I just went to bed - didn't even think about the computer! Those movies are lots of fun. I've always thought about how much my grandchildren loved the first of the Pirates movies. Then when I watched the 2nd one, I though how scared I would be if I were little like my grandchildren are! The special effects and the "costuming" are wonderful in all three of the movies. Why, they even made Keith Richards look good in #3! After watching the third one last night, I think Disney left themselves an opening for Pirates #4. Captain Jack Sparrow needs to be reunited (again) with his beloved Black Pearl before the series can end!

Church today was very good - we actually had three new couples in the congregation today. I also found out that Cameron (a young man whose wife grew up in our church) worked for Tyler Kruckenberg in Ames. It's such a small world! Our choir sand two really difficult songs today. "Christ Is King" was beautiful and "Ride On King Jesus" was interesting! There's a part of the song where we have 8 different groups singing separately - kind of like a round, only I call it cacophony!! The congregation liked it, so I guess that's the important thing! We also sang an introductory verse to "Crown Him With Many Crowns" and a benediction response. Normally we don't have that much music in one service, but today was just special.

After church, Dave and I went to see Aunt Helen. The aides said she was kind of nasty today, but when I went in and woke her, she was just fine for me. She didn't eat but 1 bite of deviled egg and 1 bite of mashed potatoes and gravy for me. She's having lots of mucus in her mouth, so it is really suppressing her appetite. She was extremely weak today. I don't know if she'll make it until Bob gets home from Florida. But then, she's surprised me before!

Right now, Dave is loading up some things to take to Moravia tomorrow, so he's at work basically. He worked yesterday too. I'll be glad when we can go to Florida so I can actually see him!! I'm watching the Nascar race, but I'm sick of Jimmie Johnson winning everything, so I'm not paying a lot of attention!! Everyone will be booing him next year!

I've got to run for now. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...