Thursday, November 19, 2009

Third Post Today!!

My visit with Aunt Helen went well. She was awake when I got there and seemed to be happy to visit with me. She told me she was hungry, so I got her some softserve ice cream. She ate 5 bites for me, then she wanted some iced tea - so I got her some of that too. I just wish someone there would offer to feed her a little more often, but maybe she doesn't want to eat for them.

Tonight I had IHCC staff choir practice and then a supper at church. This was a soup supper that we had "purchased" at the mission auction. The hosts presented us with 6 different soups that we could sample. After we'd had our fill of soup, we then were given ice cream and homemade cookies. The 6 soups were wonderful - one was a Virginia B____ Stew (sorry, can't remember the B-word), a tomato bisque, a mashed potato-celery-bacon soup, a vegetable beef soup, a cheese vegetable soup, and an Italian garbonzo soup. There were 20 of us there and after everyone had all they wanted of the soup, they put the leftovers into freezer containers and we each got to bring home 3 containers! So now, we've got soup for 3 different nights this winter! Great time - good fellowship and soup-er food!!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...