Sunday, November 1, 2009

Busy Sunday

This was a very busy day! It got started very early with 8:15 church in Libertyville. Today, the Faith United Methodist Church in Libertyville was dedicating some memorials that they finalized this year, including boxing in the stained glass medallion that we had purchased for mom's memorial back in 1995. When they built the new church, they asked some of us to pay for having the memorial stained glass preserved. We elected to do this and today it was dedicated, along with other memorials. It's really cool how they took the window, put an oak frame around it and backlit it! It's beautiful on the wall of the sanctuary. They have several other windows they would like preserved in this manner, but as of this time there are no memorials to pay for them. After church we (Bob, Ann, Dave & I) had some time sitting around talking with some of the parishioners we had gone to church with over the years. It was a good time.

We then left Libertyville and went to Fairfield to see Aunt Helen. She was not having a good day today. In fact she was pretty grumpy. She first told me that she wanted me to go away. Then when she figured out who I was she said I could stay, but she wanted everyone else to leave. We were there for about 2 hours and she was cantankerous the whole time! Several times she said she wanted to go to sleep now and we should leave! Ann was able to get her to brush her teeth and then to drink some apple juice. She hadn't taken her meds when we got there but she did for Ann. I just feel so badly for her.

When we got home, Dave got to take a little nap while I watched most of the Nascar race. It was a good race - lots of strategy and drafting at 197 mph! This afternoon Dave and I attended an Eagle Scout ceremony for our neighbor's son. It was a nice ceremony, but unfortunately we had to listen to the end of the race on the radio going from the Eagle Scout ceremony to the next event. This event was at the Club and was a friend's 80th birthday party. That was quite a soiree! This friend has 6 sons who are all very successful, so it was a bash - heavy hors doeuvres and champagne toasts and the whole 9 yards.

Since Sunday night is my favorite TV night, I then got to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters while Dave slept in his chair. In fact, he's still sleeping. Perhaps I should wake him up so he can go to bed! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...