Sunday, November 8, 2009

Indian Summer

First of all I hope everyone was able to get outside and enjoy the last couple of days. They were certainly what I remember Indian Summer to be like. There were so many cobwebs - everywhere you went, you'd get hit with a web. Unfortunately along with this wonderful weather we had an influx of Asian Beetles and those little, bitty gnat-like bugs that bite so hard. Dave and I went to church this morning. I sang in the choir and loved every minute of it. We sang "He Gives Me Joy" - a spiritual which was so fun to sing. We rocked the church!!! After church we loaded up the "lift chair" that Dave borrowed for me to use while my arm was in a sling. We called the people he borrowed it from, but of course they weren't home! They called about 2:30 so we went to their house to return it. I'm so glad it's out of my living room. I was afraid we were going to have it forever! Then we came home and watched the race. It wasn't a good race for Rick Hendrick Motorsports, but it was cool that Kurt Busch won. Dickies, who is one of Kurt's sponsors, put up a million dollars today. If Kurt won, the million went to the winner of their "Hardest Working Man" contest - a school teacher!! I'm not particularly a Kurt Busch fan, but I was hoping the teacher would get the money!

These pictures are of the items we made at card-making on Saturday morning. Everything is made with Stampin' Up papers, inks, ribbons, and stamps. This first one is a folder which holds 2 pieces of Ghiradelli chocolate or something similar. It's pretty cool. I think it would make a good stocking stuffer. The next one is a card which is quite complicated, although you can't tell by this picture. We stamped snowflakes on the raspberry background, then covered it with a piece of clear acetate stamped with the trees. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can kind of tell that there are two layers here. We also did a couple of these in navy blue.
This ia a paper-folding project. Could be a tree ornament or a tag for a package. It was kind of hard for someone like me who shakes a lot!


And last, but not least, is my favorite. This is a Christmas card that opens up where the trees are so you can write your Christmas note inside. It fits in a regular business envelope. We also did these in a traditional red. It's an easy-peasy card, but very cool!!

On another note, my brother just called. He and Ann had been to see Aunt Helen and she was a real _itch today! She was angry at Bob and Ann for bringing in the aides to move her. She called them turncoats and told them she didn't want to see them again. She hit Ann and the aides, so Bob said if she was like that very often he wouldn't go see her again. Sure makes me want to go tomorrow :(!
Well, I'd better close for now. I've got to do my arm exercises and get ready to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. More later...



No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...