Thursday, November 19, 2009

More cards

Here are some of the cards I made yesterday. I like all of these. This image is from Plum Purdy. If you're reading this and you're one of my card-making friends, you'll love her images. She has some wonderful stamps. He's colored with colored pencils and then a blending pen. I love what a blending pen does to colored pencils! This card was run through the Cuttlebug using a wooden frame to highlight all but the oval center. I then built up the center with Nestabilities scalloped oval and plain oval papers. This card is one that was also run through the Cuttlebug using a wooden picture frame to highlight all but the oval in the middle. You can see it a little better here. I then took an oval Nestabilities die and embossed the remaining oval. This wreath is a Cuttlebug folder/die combo set. I then highlighted the berries with red Stickles. I love this card! Very simple, yet very effective.
For this card, I used the same technique as above only I added a Nestabilities tree from their Christmas tree limited edition set. I had all these cute brads that I'd bought when I was at Archivers last year, so I decorated my tree with them. The gold star is a 1" star cut from the George & Other Shapes Cricut cartridge. I think it's a pretty cool card, too.

This is the last card where I used the above picture frame technique. This may be my favorite of all the cards I've made so far! This image is also one of Plum Purdy's stamps. Isn't he just the cutest snowman you've ever seen? I'll be taking all these cards to my card-making club tomorrow, just so they can see some ideas of how to use this Cuttlebug/picture frame technique.

Now we come to this card! I can tell you right now that Murphy's law was in effect when I made it...everything that could go wrong did! This card is a beautiful card, but a very time-consuming one. It's one that you need 3 coordinating images to use as your focals on each "page". For the octagons, I used my Cricut, BUT it only cuts in 1/2" increments, so I had to trim the white octagons down by hand. I think I'll use Nestabilities circles next time I make this card. Since they are nested shapes, they are 1/4" increments, which is what you need. All this paper is from Stampin' Up as are the images. After stamping the images, I then decided to emboss the white octagons with clear embossing powder. Well, I scorched the paper because I was using cheap paper (not SU)! I also got ink on one of the middle sections and on the front octagon (which is conveniently covered up with ribbon!!) It's a mess, but a cool card nonetheless! I will put it in my album as an example! Other than the white octagons, all the paper is SU. The snowflake brads are from Hobby Lobby and the ribbon is a Walmart special!I hope you enjoyed my creations today. I had fun making them and sharing them!! Now I've got to get ready to go to Fairfield to see Aunt Helen. More later...








No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...