Friday, November 13, 2009

Road Trip Friday

Sudi and I went to Amana today. Heritage Designs was having a fabric sale, so we scored some bargains...one of us more than the other! We ate a light lunch at the bakery and then headed to Fern Hill. Fern Hill also has fabric, but all we got today was fudge! Then we were off to Williamsburg to shop at the Tanger Outlet Mall. Both of us got some bargains there as well. We couldn't believe how late it was when we left the mall - we just had a wonderful day. After I dropped Sudi off at her home, I went to Sunnybrook to see Aunt Helen. She was again pretty talkative, although she was a little mixed up today. Most of the time, however, she was in the moment and we had a good talk! She's pretty amazing.

I got to watch the Cyclone basketball team win their home opener tonight while I caught up with my Facebook friends and games. Dave slept in his chair. He'll be ready to go in the morning. I was sorry to hear that Harrison Barnes isn't going to ISU - it's always fun to have a hometown boy on the team. He would have had a wonderful career at Iowa State. I was also sorry to hear that the Dowling Maroons got beat tonight. Their quarterback is the son of some of my friends. They were undefeated until tonight, but then so was Marshalltown, their opponent.

Tomorrow is another exciting day...we're going to the football game at Iowa State. So I get to see my niece and her family as well as some ex-ISU football players. I can hardly wait. I sure hope I sleep tonight! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...