Friday, November 27, 2009

What an awful day!

I had a terrible day today! I guess I was due! First thing that happened is that I reached for the phone before I was out of bed and knocked my glasses off the end table onto carpet, mind you. Nevertheless, one of the lenses popped out of them. No problem, right? Surely the eye doctor will be open today! Wrong, again. They're not open until Monday! Thank goodness Dave told me I had to get another pair of glasses several months ago! So I put them on. They're the correct prescription, but they're not adjusted correctly so it's taken me most of the day to get used to them. Plus, they're a totally different style of frame than the ones I wear all the time, so I've had a headache for most of the day.

The second thing that happened to me is that my physical therapist is still sick. So I got up at 6:30 again for nothing! I was, however, able to get in to see one of the other PTs at 1:45. For that I am grateful.

The third bad thing was that I went over to see Aunt Helen and she was a real witch today. I was shocked to see the anger she displayed to all of us. Usually she's so nice when I'm there, but today she just tried to physically hit everyone or break their fingers or bite them or something. I was also appalled at the level of care AH is getting at Sunnybrook. Her bedding was filthy! The whole visit was just awful. Thank goodness for Sudi and Howard and Missy! I went over there and unloaded on them! Sudi even fed me a peanut butter and pickle sandwich and the last of her chocolate chip cookies! Thanks, Howard, for sharing with me!

My day did get better - when I finally got home from Fairfield and then from physical therapy, Dave was home and we started making a grape salad and three pies for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I'm so anxious to see everyone. I haven't seen Vicki, Al and Allison since I don't know when! I think it might have been August 8th at the family reunion. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it. I wish Rhonda was coming home, but we hope to see her at Christmas, which isn't far away! Then, another good thing happened - Bob is finally home from Florida! Now he can share in the AH duties! For that I am VERY grateful!! Tomorrow is going to be a better day!

2 comments:

  1. You know Howard is a sucker for tears - or so he claims. I am glad your day got better after physical therapy. Have a great one today with your family. Hugs, Sudi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you didn't mention all the great deserts you had Thursday night of wich we got ZIP.

    Howard

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...