Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Whew! What a Day!

I got up this morning at 6:15 and it's been mayhem ever since! I had an 8:00 appointment at physical therapy where I got a new exercise with a 5# weight! I've been at 1# but for my new bicep curl I cut right to 5#! I got finished at PT at 8:55 AM, drove home, changed into my Wartburg colors of black & orange, and got into Bob's Explorer at 9:00 for a 3 hour drive to watch the Wartburg women's soccer team play in their conference tournament. It was 47 degrees in Waverly, but at least the sun was shining during the first half! Wartburg probably took 40 shots on goal to Simpson's 5; however, Simpson got one into the net and Wartburg just couldn't get anything past the Simpson goalie. It was sad, because the best team didn't win, but I'm glad we went. Kaylee played a good game and it was a fun game to watch. The bad part of the game was that in the second half, the sun went under the clouds and the wind picked up. By the time we said goodbye to Kaylee, Linda and Al at 2:20, Bob and I were frozen! We also hadn't eaten lunch yet, so we stopped in Cedar Falls at Old Chicago Pizza and had one of their Meat Me pizzas. Boy was it good! We ate too much and are suffering tonight. We got home about 6:30 after an uneventful drive home. On the way up, Bob hit a huge hawk as it was trying to get up into the air above our vehicle - it didn't damage his Explorer at least - can't say the same for the hawk, though. We also saw a young buck deer on the way up but he stayed off the road. On the way home, we saw 2 bucks in one spot - one with a pretty big rack and the other a young one. Then a few miles later we saw a HUGE buck with a doe and then in a little while, saw another group of 4-5 deer. We also saw lots of farmers combining both beans and corn.

It was a good day! Now I'm off to bed. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...