Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Another Day...

We're getting closer to leaving this north pole location for parts warmer!! It snowed all day today and, frankly, I'm getting tired of this white stuff! It's still snowing, but it's supposed to quit tonight. Then tomorrow and for several days, we're supposed to be in the deep freeze! It's only supposed to get to 8 degrees on Saturday! I think that's probably the day we're going to leave for Florida. That happens to be Aunt Helen's 103rd birthday and I feel like I want to wish her a Happy Birthday before we leave. This morning, we went out to Vista Woods for a care conference with the different department heads. I went in early and visited with Aunt Helen for about 30 minutes before Bob and Ann got there. She was really good this morning - the only problem was that I couldn't hear what she was trying to say. She did tell me that she loved me, though. That I heard! She barely whispers and they were running the floor washer, so I struggled! When they came to get us, they had just taken Aunt Helen to give her a shower. So when we got out of our conference, she was too tired to talk! In fact, she couldn't have cared less if we were there or not!

I've had a good evening - I found a couple more ex-ISU football players tonight...or rather one of them found me and through him I found one of my favorite guys. It looks like he's married with two little children! What a hoot - I can't imagine him married with kids! He'll always be forever young in my mind.

Tomorrow I've got a lot of errands to run and then i've got to finish packing. I paid all the bills tonight, so I'm done with that unless another one comes tomorrow. Tomorrow night we pick up the new pickup!! I'm ready to see it. More later...

Since I didn't sleep worth a darn last night, I'm headed to bed early tonight. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...