Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Monday!

Last night right before we went to bed, Dave had the TV turned to the weather station and it showed a band of snow over Ottumwa. I looked out the dining room window and it looked like someone had opened a bottle of Fresca! (You have to remember the commercials!) So this morning we woke up to a couple inches of beautiful, fluffy white stuff! The weather station is calling for even more snow tomorrow and Wednesday! Is it time to go to Florida yet?

Today was the cookie exchange that I made the four dozen cookies for. What a fun time. Juliene had invited 11 other ladies to attend, so we all went home with 4 cookies from 12 different selections of cookies. These are not your basic chocolate chip cookies either. They were all what I would call "exotic" cookies - some made with dates, some iced sugar cookies, spritz cookies, cranberry oatmeal Weight Watchers cookies! Juliene had mod-podged decorative Christmas napkins on 12 clear glass plates, and we gathered our cookies on them. Then as we were leaving, she gave us a little paper box, which she had made, with some candy in it. She's a clever lady and a good friend!

The rest of the day I worked on paying bills, shopping online, and writing my annual Christmas letter. We have a great deal of our Christmas shopping done! I just have to get organized so that I know what else I need to get. I know I haven't gotten anything for Ann yet - she and Bob are usually my hardest ones to buy for. This year, however, I am very excited about what I got for Bob. I think he'll be surprised. Tomorrow I go see Aunt Helen and have several items on my to-do list! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...