Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Computer Woes

Actually, I shouldn't have said computer woes, I should have said provider woes! Last night when I was trying to do things on the computer everything was taking forever, so I went to speakeasy.net/speedtest to see what my speed was...it was 360 download (should be around 1200) and 240 upload (should be around 800)! So I shut it off and walked away! I didn't even come back at all to see if they had the issue fixed. Today has been much better, so whatever happened wasn't an issue today! Needless to say, I didn't blog last night!

I got up kind of late this morning. I was having a hard time sleeping last night, so I came downstairs and slept in my chair. I don't necessarily sleep soundly in my chair, but sometimes it just works better than the bed. Don't know what there is about that! Anyway I came down about 12:30 or 1:00 and fell asleep right away - slept until I heard Dave moving around upstairs this morning - about 7:15. He told me I should go upstairs and sleep a little longer, so I tried. I got up about 8:00 - came down and ate my breakfast, read the paper, played a little Mafia Wars, Farm Town, etc., and by the time I got my shower taken it was 10:30! My oldest niece came over about 11:45 and we chatted for about 2 hours! Then I went out to see Aunt Helen, who was having a decent day today. She didn't really want to chat - everything she said was so quiet I couldn't make out what she was trying to tell me. They came in while I was there and moved her arms and legs - sort of physical therapy. She got along real well with that! Then she was very tired, so she fell asleep. I got home about 2:30 and ate my lunch! Do you see a pattern here?? Late rising, late for lunch, hope it's not a late night at choir practice!

My friend, Sudi, called today - she and Howard are in Fort Lauderdale. She said she wore shorts today! I can hardly wait. I thought it was awfully cold today - it was about 34 with rain all day. Imagine - rain on the 23rd of December! From the forecast, though, it sounds like we may get some snow tonight or tomorrow. I just hope the girls and their families and Bryan and Deanna all get home before it all hits. Some places got an inch of rain today and, in fact, we're in a flash flood watch!

Tonight is choir practice and tomorrow evening is my family Christmas after church services! Should be a late one tomorow night. Oh well, Christmas only comes once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...