Saturday, December 26, 2009

More Computer Problems!

Merry Christmas a day late! I haven't been able to get on my computer since Christmas Eve at about 3:00 PM. I wasn't home for most of the evening on the 24th, though, so it wasn't really a problem. We had our family Christmas at my brother's house and we had a great evening! But I digress; let's go back a few hours to about 12:30 PM. Bryan arrived and we decided that we should eat a bite of lunch, so we each had a bowl of chili with spiced oyster crackers...actually Dave and Bryan had 2 bowls of chili and I had one! Then I started making the egg casserole for brunch on Christmas day. It has a lot of preparation to it, so it took me about an hour and a half to get it ready for the refrigerator. So, now, it;s about 2:30 and the phone rings. It's my niece asking where we are. I thought we were supposed to go to Bob's after we got out of church on Christmas Eve...but I guess not! We were supposed to be over there for a 3:30 meal of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, noodles, squash, salads, pies, etc....! Well, if I had known that, I certainly wouldn't have eaten at 1:00! Anyway, we already had the presents in the car, so we rushed upstairs, changed clothes to our church clothes, and got to Bob's at 3:17 PM just in time to eat again!! Our meals are usually long and drawn out, so we didn't get done eating until about 4:45 when we had to leave for church. (We got out of dishes at least!!) Then the lessons & carols program took more than an hour and we left church about 6:45 to go back to Bob's where 12 people were waiting to open packages! I think Allison and Cheyenne had already opened a couple of gifts, but basically we got there in time! What a wonderful evening! I love being around my nieces and their families. We just have a great time together.

Christmas morning, I didn't get up until almost 9:00! The guys were up, but they let Deanna and me sleep in. When I came downstairs, we put the casserole and the cinnamon rolls in the oven and about 35 minutes later, we had our brunch...again, enjoyed by all of us. Then Bryan, Deanna, Dave and I opened our presents and shortly after that the kids left - Deanna was going to her sister's for a couple of days and Bryan went back to Waterloo. Linda, Al, Kyle and Kaylee had to travel back to Ames on Christmas day too, because Kyle had to be ready to board a bus for the airport at 6:00 this morning for his flight to Tempe for the Insight Bowl! He was so excited!

Back to the computer problem, after Bryan and Deanna left, I came in to get on Facebook and found out that the internet was down. Since it was Christmas day, I didn't call it in, but I did call first thing this morning. Guess what - it wasn't a server problem; somehow our router had shut off and lost all of its settings, so we were the only ones without internet! Our tech person called me back this morning and in about 3 minutes had me back up and running!!

It snowed all day today and most of the night last night evidently. We've had about 5" of new snow and it's still spitting snow here tonight. Dave said it was slick and he didn't want me driving the Cadi, so he came home after cleaning driveways and took me to see Aunt Helen and to run my errands! Aunt Helen wasn't very perky today. She was sitting in her chair up by the dining room, waiting for lunch. She did talk to me, but I'm not sure she even knew who I was today. The only way I could hear what she was saying was to get my ear right in front of her mouth and then I didn't catch everything. She just kept saying that she wanted to lay down. So they took her back to her room and put her to bed. So we left and ran errands - I had gotten two of John Grisham's new book "Ford County" and two of the "Angels and Demons" DVD so I went back to Target, only waited about 3 minutes and got my money back. Then we went to the book/movie section and I got the new Ted Kennedy book and the DVD "Paul Blart: Mall Cop". Then we went to Bookins to get the bail on my new gold cross replaced with one that is larger and came home. Dave went to work at the Habitat House and I took down Christmas decorations. Tomorrow we'll put away the trees and start packing, but tonight we watched "Ice Age III" - what a hilarious movie!! Last night we watched "PS I Love You" and "Public Enemies" - both very good movies! PS I Love You is at least a 2 tissue movie! I think between Dave and me we got 7 movies!

I gotta run - more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...