Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow, Snow, Go Away!!

We are really having snow here in SE Iowa, but it's nothing like what they're having around Ames. We've probably got 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. This afternoon, however, it started raining! So some of the snow squished down and there appears to be a lot of slush. This could really save us as they are calling for high winds tonight and tomorrow with blowing snow. It seems to me that if it's slush, it can't blow! Dave's been outside working on moving the slush off our driveway so that it won't just be ice. Actually, he's done with that now and he's putting together a generator that he bought - just in case the electricity goes out. We said that we were going to buy one last time the electricity went down, but didn't until today. I guess that's going to be his Christmas present!! He does love to fiddle!!

I've been working on paperwork today and I installed a new external hard drive for my computer. Now I just have to figure out how to use it! I sure wish they gave you user guides when you bought these things. I don't much like reading it online and trying to follow their steps - too much going from one screen to another!

I went out early this morning to see Aunt Helen. She had just gotten back from having a shower. Bless her heart - she said she was really glad to have that shower! I'll bet she was - she hasn't had one since September! It did wear her out, though. She tried to tell me a couple of different things, but I couldn't understand her - she was just talking too softly. She didn't even open her eyes - she just wanted to sleep. Oh well, I talked to her anyway!

I've decided we have a Christmas gremlin! When I put up the tree in our office - my Victorian tree - the top half of the lights wasn't working. In fact, those lights have been out for about 3 days. This morning when I came downstairs, the lights were all on! Don't know what happened - I think it's the Christmas gremlin! I wish he'd wrap all the presents for me! Probably won't though! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...