Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday at Home

Sundays at home are the best! Especially when they are snowy and cold! It was a great day to read a good book and then take a nap.

There were probably only 35 or so people at church this morning - Pastor Sarah Palmer was our guest pastor today and she said that the Sunday after Christmas as well as Father's Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day Sundays are just not high priority Sundays for people to be in church. She really gives a great sermon. I enjoy her a lot. During prayer time, she said (and I quote)..."Please be with Dave and Margaret Mae as they head south for their winter vacation." I was so shocked, I'm sure I made a noise out loud! I couldn't figure out who had told her that my real name was Margaret Mae! When church was over, I asked her; she said she remembered us talking about names several months ago. Her name is Sarah Mae and there was a Sylvia Mae in our group that day, so it just stuck with her. What a hoot!

After church, Dave and I went to Riverside for eggs, but the line was clear out the door, so we left and went to the 2nd Street Cafe. It wasn't busy at all, so we had our eggs and bacon for lunch! Then we came home, put away all the Christmas stuff, changed sheets on the guest bedrooms, got out the suitcases and then it was nap-30! That's what Dave calls nap-time! What time is it? Nap-30! So I read and then fell asleep. He actually went to the Mall to exchange a pair of shorts he'd received for Christmas. NOW, when it's 9:00 and about bedtime, he's taking HIS nap! What's funny is, he'll be able to go upstairs in a little while and go right back to sleep...not me. If I were napping now, I'd be up for the whole night. Who knows, I may be anyway, since I took a nap this afternoon. Oh well, if I am, I am! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...