Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Musings

Another beautiful winter day. I love it when the sun shines! (I know, I think I said the same thing yesterday!) It was a pretty day - the sun shining on the snow makes for pretty sights! I'm sorry that I didn't get to enjoy much of the day. This morning I had a meeting to help design our new church website. Unfortunately it was inside and in a room with only 1 window - looking out at a roof that was completely covered with snow. It looked as if we were snowed in clear to the top of the window. Our meeting lasted for 3 hours - my seat was tired of sitting! We did, however, get lots done! I am very happy with the design so far - now we're ready for the contents of the website, which to me is the hardest part. We've got a goal to get most of it done by January 1st, so we're really working hard.

After my meeting, I went out to see Aunt Helen. I love her haircut. It just looks so cute! Her hair is the prettiest white and this "style" is so out of character for her, but I just loved it! She knew who I was as soon as I told her and she grabbed for my hand. Then while we were talking she fell asleep again. The gals came in to move her back into her bed, but when they woke her up she was GRUMPY! She was yelling at them and slapping at them. I couldn't believe the difference. Then once they got her laid down, she seemed to calm down again. I must remember to get one of her afghans out to her - she needs a lap blanket. She didn't eat anything again today. I just don't understand what God's waiting for. I know I shouldn't question Him...that's just one of my "ponderings". Maybe His purpose in keeping her here is a lesson on patience for Bob and me. Do you suppose?

Dave worked at the Habitat for Humanity House all day today. He loves doing that! Tonight we went out to Craig and Sue's for pizza. It was fun to be with them again. We haven't seen each other for quite a while and may not be able to see them again before we leave for Florida. Speaking of leaving, it's drizzly tonight. I'm sure hoping Sudi and Howard watch the radar for ice before they leave tomorrow. It's still not freezing here, but that doesn't mean it isn't somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...