Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday at Home

I want everyone to know that I LOVE my bed. I slept sooooo well last night! It was just a wonderful night! I knew that our Tempurpedic bed is wonderful, but I really found that out last night! It had to be the best night of sleep I've ever had!

Today was another sunny, beautiful day in Iowa! We went to church this morning, which was an interesting experience! Our guest speaker today was the Christian Ed director at the Oskaloosa church. She brought with her the youth group from their church. So, we had praise music, with a rock band! They were really quite good...it's great to see so many young people with long hair, dyed hair, piercings, singing praises to God. The keyboard player/bass guitarist was quite a musician. In the middle of all this rock music, our choir sang a very traditional, old world hymn! Talk about contrasts!

This afternoon, I took a short nap - again on that wonderful bed - and then I've been working on all these piles of mail! I finally got everything opened and into manageable piles! I've got to-file piles, to-pay piles, PEO piles, bank statement piles, as well as magazine/catalog piles! Tomorrow I hope to get through several of the piles and get them put away.

I've got to go to a funeral tomorrow morning. One of my sorority sister's father passed away, so I'll go to be there with her. Her dad was one of the cutest, sweetest men. He used to walk out at the life center, back when I still worked there - he was maybe 88 at the time. He'd walk one or two laps, but at least he walked! Then he got to a point where he couldn't do it anymore and he stopped coming. I didn't know that he was Judy's dad until just about 3 months ago when she was at VW visiting him and I was at VW visiting Aunt Helen. I had gone in and talked to her dad 3-4 times. He was a sweetheart! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...