Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Monday

I had a pretty darn good day today! My big brother came over first thing this morning and we loaded up 4 LARGE bags of Aunt Helen's clothes/stuff to take to Salvation Army. We got there at 9 minutes to 10:00 and they don't start taking donations until 10:00! So, just as we were getting the 3rd and 4th bags out of the truck, the head of the SA came driving in. He not only opened the doors for us, but he also carried one of the bags! That was sure nice of him because it was a really heavy bag and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to carry it! After that, I came home and started sorting through a lot of her other stuff like pictures, newspaper articles, cards she'd saved, painting books, knitting books, etc. I threw away some of the stuff and the rest of it I've sorted into piles including one for Bob to look at, one to send to cousins, and a pile that I'd like to keep. Tomorrow morning Bob is coming over and we're going through a bunch of her financial papers and will decide what gets kept and what gets shredded. Hopefully we can get most of it done tomorrow. Then what little furniture there is will go to the Indian Hills auction. There isn't much left! We have several of her paintings and if Bob doesn't want them, they'll probably go up in our attic with the rest of her paintings.

Around 11:30 I turned on the NASCAR race and watched it. I was going to go exercise, but I couldn't leave the race. It didn't get over until about 2:30, so I went to Lady Fit then. After exercising, I went to the chiropractor, to get groceries, and then came home to "play". Dave called and said he wanted to go to Bill Adam's visitation in Fairfield tonight. So we went over there after Dave got home. We stood in line for about 1 1/4 hours and didn't get inside the church! At 7:00 they started the prayer service, so they let everyone inside for that. Several of Bill's nephews and a niece talked, as well as some of his friends. At the end of the service, Jane (Bill's wife) got up to the podium and told everyone that tomorrow would have been their 36th wedding anniversary, so she had asked Chris Davis to sing a song that had been sung at their wedding 36 years ago - "The Twelfth of Never". Lots of tears were shed! After the service, the family started receiving guests again. The visitation started at 4:00 this afternoon and probably didn't get over until about 10 tonight. There were lots of people there.

I've got a busy day tomorrow too - not only is Bob coming over to work, I've also got a mini massage and then I'm going to make cards tomorrow night - 10 cards for $10. Should be fun. I wonder how Dancing With The Stars was tonight and who will get booted tomorrow night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...