Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday Thoughts

Today was one of those days when I got to be lazy. Dave and I both slept until 9:00 this morning. He had been up thinking about work problems for about 3 hours during the night. I kept waking up, I guess to see if he had come to bed yet. Regardless, we both were still asleep at 8:58 AM! I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom and he woke up panicking because he had to be at the Habitat house in 2 minutes! Needless to say, he was late! I ate my breakfast, read the papers, and played on the computer. For some reason I looked at the clock and it was 12:10 and I was still in my pjs!! So, I called Dave to tell him! He thought that was a hoot!

He got home about 3:30 and showered, after which we went to the Home Expo at Bridge View. It's always a lot of fun because we see lots of people we know and today was no exception. The warmer weather had lots of people out of their houses - the parking lot was full! We parked out on the street!

We got home about 5:10 and I started watching the Cyclone men's basketball game against Kansas State (ranked #5 in the nation). The Cyclones led for the majority of the game and K-State tied us up at the end of regulation. We'd lost our best player to fouls and 2 others had 4 fouls each, but we held on and won in OT! That was a fun game to watch. The announcers were so convinced that K-State would win that it was fun to hear them start saying nice things about ISU! It would have been nice to have had money on that game today. There's no way we should have won, but we were definitely the better team today.

Tomorrow is my birthday and Dave was telling me what all he had to do tomorrow - habitat work and his work and I finally said that I thought he could be with me tomorrow. I got a delivery of beautiful pink tulips from my secret sister and I have lots of cards - I'll open them all tomorrow after church and lunch. I told Dave I wanted to go out for eggs and bacon (or maybe pancakes) for my birthday lunch - I'm a cheap date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...