Sunday, April 18, 2010

Great Sunday

Today we woke up to another beautiful day. Dave got up early and went to Walmart for something - don't have a clue what! Then he went down by the dam to see what the fishermen were trying to catch and he went over by the new Habitat for Humanity house that has been put up in the last two weeks. Then we went to church to make the coffee and open the doors! I got up about 7:15 and got to church for 8:45 choir practice. We sang a song for confirmation today. It had wonderful words and very appropriate for this Sunday. We had six young ladies who were confirmed today. They are very talented and very nice girls. I'm anxious to get to know them better now that they are maturing! I got the nicest note from one of them, just thanking me for being active on the Evangelism Committee. What a sweetie. Today's sermon was also very appropriate and then we had communion too. It was a very good church service and it was good to have a large crowd today. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the bell choir had a wonderful piece - accompanied by a cello, a flute, and percussion instruments. Very beautiful! I love the music we do each week. Most of it is very challenging for me, but boy, is it ever effective!

After church, Dave and I went to lunch at 2nd Street Cafe. Nan even joined us since she was downtown working. Then we came home and dave fell asleep in his chair and I took a nap upstairs on the bed. After an hour of napping, the phone rang and no one was there. I was so sound asleep that I was into my dream and had no idea where I was when i opened my eyes. I was able to fall back to sleep. Dave couldn't so he got up and trimmed the yard, went over to Nan's to help her with her weedeater. When I finally woke up, we went and got an ice cream cone and then went out to Craig and Sue's and picked up my '56 Chevy! It was fun driving it again. I loved this day!! It was so good being with Dave all day!

I think I'm going to like his being semi-retired. He's so excited about only working 6 months out of the year. Last night he talked and talked and talked! He has so many things he wants to do, including spending more time with his family and even spending more time in Florida seeing Jami and the family! Obviously when he got tired of talking, I was wired and didn't get to bed until after 1:30! He, however, talked himself out and he was able to sleep! Gotta love that man of mine! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...