Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

It was a beautiful Easter Sunday...for the most part! I didn't even have to wear a jacket this morning to go to church - it was lovely out! I didn't look to see how warm it was, but it was warm enough that I opened the sun roof on the car! Easter breakfast at the church was good, as usual. We sat with the Schwenks and their two daughters were home from the east coast where they go to college - one in Philadelphia and one in Providence, RI. It was a good table to sit at - the girls entertained us! Then after breakfast, I had choir practice which took the entire time allotted and then some. We had a very hard time with the introit this morning for some reason. The anthem was much better. We got done practicing about 9:15 and there were already lots of people in church...it started at 9:30. Both pieces came out beautifully in church, AND we played to a packed house. Lots of people there today. We even had about 8 little kids come down for the children's sermon.

After church, Dave and I came home and Dave took a nap so that he'd be ready for work at 2:00. He slept for about an hour and a half and was ready to go back to Moravia about 1:00. I took a short nap, then started working on my lesson #6 with an occasional break to play a game or two. I also went out about 4:30 (right before the rain) and got myself a chocolate shake to celebrate Easter. It didn't rain much at that time, but the stupid weather radio kept going off. When it went off, I had to go upstairs and listen to the message, then shut it off and come back downstairs. One time I had barely turned it off when it went off again, so up I went!! Good exercise. Dave didn't get home until about 7:30 or so. Just before he arrived, it started raining again. This time it rained for several minutes. Mom always said that if it rained on Easter Sunday, you'd have 7 Sundays of rain...I sure hope she was wrong.

Tomorrow I go to Fairfield for a doctor's appointment and then lunch with Sudi, Howard, and other friends. I wish Dave could stay for lunch, but he said he'd have to get back to Moravia to work. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...