Sunday, April 11, 2010

Super Sunday!

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood! I really like this spring-like weather - I sure hope it stays around for a while. It's so nice going to church without having to bundle up! Church today was really good. I loved the song we sang today and so did the congregation - they applauded! For those of you reading this who are not Presbyterian, you have to understand that Presbyterians are very quiet in church - "we" don't say Amen after prayers (although that is changing), we don't clap when we appreciate something like good songs, we don't shout "Praise the Lord" or "Hallalujah" or anything like that...we just sit there and absorb! Today they clapped for our anthem - it was "Everytime I feel the spirit" and it was a FUN song to sing, so we rocked it! Pastor Sara started a series based on Acts and had we remembered, we were going to clap for her too, but we didn't.

After church I drove to Albia and got a hot fudge sundae! I've decided that I can have ice cream once a week and no more. They have the BEST hot fudge in Albia! So I ate mine by myself, then bought Dave an ice cream and took it to him at the plant. He's still not home - probably won't be home until about 10:30 tonight. He's started biting his inner cheek and you know how that is, once you bite it the first time, you continue for a while. Unfortunately his is still raw, so it really hurts. He says he's already lost 5 pounds and probably will continue to lose because now he's afraid to chew. He's got a birthday on Tuesday and a doctor's appointment (follow-up) on Wednesday. I hope he gets better soon. He's in a great deal of pain yet. He's basically just gutting it out by going to work everyday...he says he's just as well off working as sitting around thinking about his pain! I'm sure he's right.

This is a busy week for me - I've got something every day this week except for tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to work on my homework assignment. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...