Sunday, May 30, 2010

Another beautiful day..

It was another beautiful day in the neighborhood!! At church this morning, we honored our OHS graduates - Drake gave the sermon (the same speech he gave at OHS Baccalaureate.) Maggie sang a solo, played a piano solo, and played the flute while her mom played the piano. John was the liturgist. It was all good. I do wish that we had at least mentioned the college graduates - Alyssa was there in church today. She told me she would be teaching in DC for the next two years anyway. After church, Dave and I went grocery shopping then came home and had lunch. We both took short naps in our chairs and then Mr Energizer Bunny went to work! He washed the algae off the side of the house, cleaned out the gutters. He went to O'Haras and bought another flower pot for me. We planted some bulbs that Juliene had given me. I can hardly wait for all these flowers to "come up". Then we watered all the plants and we went for a bike ride.

Now, if you remember, I fell while riding my bike last year, which caused my initial tears in my shoulder. So, needless to say, I was a little nervous about riding. I made it up to the cemetery and back without falling! After riding around the cemetery a while we came home - I can tell you that I feel like a 62-year-old woman! I am sure out of shape!

About 3 hours ago we started making some of the preparations for tomorrow's Beginning of the Summer Get-Together. We made the salsa so the flavors could mingle. I made the hamburger patties and put them in the refrigerator. I made the pudding for the homemade ice cream and have it in the refrigerator. Tomorrow morning we'll sweep the floor and make the final preparations. During all of this, I've been watching the NASCAR race and now I'm watching Jeff Burton get in Kyle Busch's face! He is really hot!! It was a pretty good race, but rather boring - very few wrecks, mostly just spinouts.

Tomorrow we celebrate the beginning of the summer season and we thank God and our fallen soldiers for the freedoms we enjoy as Americans. We also remember our ancestors who have gone before us. We miss them and by decorating their graves, we honor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...