Friday, May 7, 2010

A Beautiful Day - - - Not!!

Today was an ugly May day! I cannot believe how hard the wind is blowing tonight! It's almost as if it were January and it was blowing up a blizzard!! The drizzle finally stopped around 12:30, but it's still damp and windy! We even kicked on the furnace this evening just to get the chill out of the air - and that's unheard of, because usually I won't let the furnace be kicked on after May 1st!!

I had a nice lunch with Sudi and Howard today. It's always fun to get together with "old" friends...one of whom is about to get even older!! Sorry, Sudi, couldn't resist that! After lunch I went to price a picture frame next door. Sudi told me it might even be more expensive there than it is in Ottumwa, and it was! It was $5 more, so I brought my picture home with me. I'll have it done here at M&J's! When I got home, my cleaning lady was just leaving and Dave called and said he was 10 minutes from home!! He got home and we both took a nap - felt so good! Hopefully I can sleep tonight - I know he won't have any problem!! He told me he'd just gotten off the phone with Bryan and that Bryan was coming home tomorrow around noon. I think I'll make a meatloaf, which is something he doesn't get often because Deanna doesn't eat beef. I hope I didn't make it the last time he was here - he'll think that's all I remember how to cook!

I bought several hanging baskets today at the Heartland Humane Society plant sale, but I could still use a couple more. I put them out when I got home from Fairfield, but Dave took them down and put them up against the house where they'll be protected from the wind. They were a bright spot in an otherwise dreary day! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...