Thursday, May 27, 2010

Busy Day

I've been busy, busy, busy today! I went to workout this morning and I about died while I was there!!! They talked me into doing this Leslie Sansone video where you walk the equivalent of 2 miles in 30 minutes! It was a whole lot faster than I usually walk! I started out good, then I started getting cramps in my right butt cheek, then I got one in my left butt cheek! It's really hard to walk fast when you've got cramps in your buttocks! So I'd stop and stretch out and go back in - I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment! I ended up doing the whole routine, and by the end the cramps weren't quite as bad! After I finished the workout, I immediately got in the relaxation chair to try to keep my hips from locking up. Ohmigosh, am I ever out of shape! The other ladies in the class are at least 5 years older than me and some of them are 10+ years older. They weren't huffing and puffing like I was, but they kept telling me they'd been doing this a while and they were just like me when they first started! I hope I can get out of bed in the morning!

I limped home and got dinner for Dave and me. We had ham steak, steamed asparagus and little red potatoes cooked the way my mom used to - she cut them in half and boiled them, then fried them just until they were browned. Yummy! After lunch, we went out to Sue and Craig's to return a couple of things we'd borrowed. It was good to see Sue and the 3 little granddaughters...unfortunately, Taylor was at school so we didn't get to see her. We needed a grandchild fix and these little girls just hug us just like our own do! Thanks girls!!!

This afternoon, I got even more exercise because we went to the cemeteries. We traipsed all over Fell Cemetery out by Libertyville. I always have to walk up the hill to the old part of the cemetery to put flowers on my grandma Allison's parents and grandparents' graves. I was dragging by the time I got back to the car! After decorating the graves, the four of us (Bob, Ann, Dave, and I) went to Pizza Hut and put back on all the calories I'd burned off today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...