Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday the 10th of May

Today was one of those yucky days...it rained and the wind blew something fierce. In fact, on the weather channel, it said that we had 58 mph wind gusts. If you could see all the sticks in our yard, you would definitely believe that we had 58 mph gusts! I was really glad that I ran all my errands this morning. I went out this morning to do my workout, then I had to pick up Dave's shirts at the cleaners, pick up my prescription, and go to the grocery store. I then took another one of my 24x30 prints to M&J to get framed. By the time I got home, the wind was starting to blow, it was starting to rain, and the temperature was dropping.

I fixed a meatloaf this afternoon and put it in the oven about 4:00, along with some potatoes so we could have a baked potato with our meatloaf. Just when the meatloaf was to be done, I had to leave for an Evangelism meeting at church. I really wasn't looking forward to going out in the weather, but I was glad that I did. It was really nice to have some new faces and ideas involved in Evangelism. Now, if we can just do everything we talked about!! When I got home from church, Dave had the meatloaf and the potatoes ready for us to eat. Now, I'm watching Dancing With The Stars and getting ready to type up the minutes from tonight.

I thought I would share some of my creativity with you tonight. I haven't put any cards on here for a while, so here we go...this first card is made with all Stampin' Up items, paper, stamp, and ink. I ran the white paper through the Cuttlebug to make the little flowers all around the tree. I love this idea. This tree stamp is so versatile. You can stamp it on a thank-you card, a birthday card, a thinking of you card, just about anything. It can be used for both men and women.
This card is also made with all Stampin' Up products. The flower is actually 2 butterflies punched out with a hand-held punch. I used SU pastel crayons to color them, and then used a water pen to spread out the ink. The flower is supposed to be a pansy. I think it looks like a pansy, what do you think? My friend, Juliene, taught us this technique at our last stamp club meeting.

This is another card that Juliene taught us how to make. Unfortunately it is on a white background, so the card itself is kind of hard to see. The horizontal lines that you see above and below the flowers are actually score lines - a very effective design element that we don't seem to use enough of. The sentiment on this card is from Gina K.

I hope you enjoyed my creativity tonight. I'll try to share more. Later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...