Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturdays - More of the Same

My title says it all - today was just more of the same. Dave went to work at the Habitat for Humanity House; therefore, I was alone all day again! I did have some fun, though. I went shopping!! I found a jacket that I could wear in the spring weather - it was $100 and I got it for $30! I didn't really have anything that I could wear to church or someplace where a sweatshirt isn't appropriate...but now I do! I also went to the Mall to Donna's Gift Court. Now that is a fun shop. If you're looking for a gift for someone, I'm sure you could find one there! She carries purses, jewelry, flip flops, cutsy note pads, coffee, candles, wall decor, etc., etc., etc.!! She's looking for part-time help. If Dave keeps on working every day, I may go to work for her. She only wants someone from 10-3 Tuesday thru Friday and once in a while on a Saturday. I could do that, but I'm not really wanting to work. Just might consider it to help her out. She and her husband used to have a cool '61 Chevy. They sold it a few years ago because they just don't have time with her running her store. We really enjoyed them when they were car showing! We'll see! I haven't mentioned this to Dave yet...and I probably won't for a while - so don't tell him!!

When Dave got home from Habitat, we both took short naps in our chairs. Then I woke up just in time to watch the Preakness. I wish I would have had money on Looking' at Lucky. I said after the Derby that he would win at the Preakness and he did. Unfortunately our Iowa horse only came in 6th and the Derby winner was 8th. No Triple Crown this year!

Tomorrow is church and then we're going to Bryan's again. His dad is going to help him paint his garage. It's just bare drywall and he wants it painted, so we're going up to Waterloo again tomorrow. At least this time we'll drive the Cadillac and won't feel so many of the bumps in the road! I'll be taking my book and I'll also play with his cats while he and his dad are painting! I'd hate to get in their way! We feel like we've been slighting Byran since we spend 2 months with Jami and hardly ever go to see Bryan. I think he's enjoying seeing more of us!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...